Champagne Louis Roederer is delighted to declare the Louis Roederer International Wine Writers Awards 2019 open for entries. The ‘Roederers’, now in their 15th year, have long been internationally recognised as the ultimate in accolades for wine writers in all countries, through all written and visual mediums.
This year’s awards will be returning to the prestigious Royal Academy of Arts on London’s Piccadilly on 18th September for the Awards ceremony.
The 2019 competition brings with it the launch of a new category, the Pio Cesare Consumer Title Writer of the Year, which will replace the Food and Wine Award. This new category is aimed at journalists who do not specialise in wine, and excludes wine specific publications and broadsheet newspapers. The Consumer Title Writer of the Year will be a published lifestyle journalist or writer from a non-specialist wine background who is communicating about wine directly to consumers in an interesting and thought provoking way.
The Roederer Awards are proud to attract the finest wine communicators – not only in terms of entrants, but also as judges. This year’s panel is no exception with a fantastic team chaired by Charles Metcalfe.
– Charles Metcalfe – Chair
– Joanna Simon
– John Stimpfig
– Emma Symington MW
– Anne Krebiehl MW
– Victoria Moore
– Victoria Hall – Artistry
Below is a full list of the 2019 Louis Roederer International Wine Writers of the Year categories:
– The Champagne Louis Roederer Artistry
– The Champagne Louis Roederer Emerging Wine Writer
– The Ramos Pinto Online Communicator of the Year
– The Domaine Faiveley International Wine Book of the Year
– The Champagne Louis Roederer International Wine Columnist of the Year
– The Domaines Ott* International Wine Feature Writer
– The Pio Cesare Consumer Title Writer of the Year
As previously, entries can be uploaded directly onto our website.
Dates for your calendar
Competition open: Wednesday 6th February 2019
– Deadline for submission: Thursday 4th April 2019