“Andriana” Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC Rosato Brut Rosé 2020

Producer Information

Villa Marcello Prosecco is the latest project of Giovanni Mazzei, who launches his first vintage Prosecco from his mother’s (Alessandra Marcello) family estate in the Veneto. The estate covers 57 hectares in the commune of Treviso, of which 26.5 are planted under vine. The principal grape variety used for the production of Prosecco, Glera, accounts for the majority of the plantings, with some Pinot Bianco vines also grown.


This wine comes from a careful clonal selection (R6 (Friuli), delicate and elegant bouquet, SMA505 and 514 (Trentino), dry and light taste) of Pinot Grigio planted in Fontanelle with a vine density of 3,000 to 4,000 vines per hectare. As with the other Mazzei estates, Villa Marcello is managed with minimal intervention and the utmost environmental responsibility.


Cryomaceration is applied at 5° C . Fermentation takes place at a controlled temperature of 14° C. 90% of the juice then spends a minimum of four months ageing on its lees and the rest 10% a minumn of two months with lees contact in stainless steel tanks, followed by two months in tonneaux. A secondary fermentation then takes place large, closed, pressurised tanks over 60 days using selected yeasts (Charmat method).

Tasting Note

The Andriana Rosato Brut Rosé cuvée is dedicated to Contessa Andriana Zon Marcello, founder of the Burano school of crochet in the XIX Century. This Rosato brut is has well-defined aromas of cranberry and redcurrant, a Provence-style rosé colour and a wonderful freshness.

Food Pairing

The ideal aperitif or great served with cold meats, light starters and salads.

Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC
100% Pinot Grigio
Natural Cork
3.70 g/l
6.78 g/l

Download PDF Print Producer page Contact us